- Interdisciplinary Doctorate student (Economics, Politics, History) – Dalhousie University, 2008-Present
- Certificate in University Teaching and Learning student (CUTL) – Dalhousie University, 2009-Present
- Masters of Business Administration (Community Economic Development) – Cape Breton University, 2006
- Certificate in Management– Canadian Institute of Management, 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology – University of New Brunswick, 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Compu College, 2003
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Administration) – Ain Shames University, 2001
- Robert’s Rule of Order
- International Trade, Trade Team Nova Scotia (TTNS)
- ISO 9001: 2000, Nova Scotia Association of Regional Development Authorities (NSARDA)
- Project Management, MS Project, PMI Modules, Software Human Resources Council (SHRC)
- Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E), Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI)
- Database Management, Raiser’s Edge, Cape Breton University (CBU)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Salesforce, Entellium, and ExecutivePulse systems.
- Canadian Institute of Management (Chartered Manager)
- The Council of Canadian Administrative Tribunals (CCAT)
- Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet)
- Junior Chamber International (JCI)
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Scholarship from Dalhousie University, 2008-2009
- HYPE Award (Honoring Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs), from Junior Chamber International, 2007
- Champion of Development Award from Cape Breton County Economic Development Authority, 2007
- High Academic Performance Scholarship for a Masters Program, Cape Breton University, 2006
- High Academic Performance Scholarship for an Academic Pangram, Cape Breton University, 2005
- Full Scholarship to University of New Brunswick Information Technology Graduate Program (2002-2003)
– English (Fluent)
– Arabic (Fluent)
– German (Intermediate)
– French (Basic)
CONSULTING STANDING OFFER PORTOFOLIO
- The World Bank Group
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)/Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation (ECBC)
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI)
- LearnSphere Canada, Atlantic Canada Commercialization Consulting and Mentoring Program
I am involved as a freelance writer/reporter/analyst and did interviews with: CNN, BBC, CBC, and CTV and published articles with: The Wall Street Journal, The Chronicle Herald, Cape Breton Post, The 60th Meridian, Caper Times, and The Anglican Journal
Nov 2007 – Present
RSI Management Solutions, Sydney, Nova Scotia
Research Team Leader Internship
Athgo International and the World Bank Group
Washington D.C., USA
Aug 2007- Nov 2007
Development Officer/BR+E Account Executive
Hants Regional Development Authority
Elmsdale, Nova Scotia, Canada
Jun 2006- Jul 2007
Business Services Manager
Advanced Glazings Ltd.
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Jan 2004- Dec 2005
Cape Breton University
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Dec 1999- Mar 2002
Station Deputy Manager
Link Areo Trading Agency
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Jul 1994- Nov 1999
Head of Customer Services Department
Shutter Ltd. /WAREMA GmbH
Cairo, Egypt / Marktheidenfeld, Germany
- Director, Served on Cape Breton County Economic Development Authority (CBCEDA) and Junior Chamber Boards; involved in developing polices, bylaws, proposals, agreements, and budgets with various government, non-government, and private sector organizations.
- Business Services/Development Manager with Advanced Glazings Ltd.; I researched and generated business in previously untapped markets and oversaw the international development of projects.
- Project Manager; analyzed complete sales operations, performance and revenue achievements. Organized and evaluated business operations, generated monthly metrics analysis, calculated sales projections, and generated internal reports, as well as, reports and shareholders updates.
- Research Team Leader; Third Annual Global Forum Miracles of Development: Good Governance and Capacity Building, the World Bank Headquarters, Washington D.C. July, 2008.
- Communicator; developed business relationships with clients and stakeholders. Customer Relationship Management (CRM); marketing and communication strategies. Supervised administrative operations in both private and public organizations.
- Negotiator; Identified and negotiated contracts, RFP’s with partners/agents and assigned territories and performances targets. Developed grant proposals for government projects on behalf of Cape Breton University (CBU) and Advanced Glazings Ltd.
- Presenter; delivered presentations and lectures to diverse audiences, i.e. “A New Approach to The Post 9/11 World” lecture, co-presenter with Dr. David Johnson, CBU Political Science Department, to Amnesty International Group, January 2007.
- Consulting; delivered pre-trade mission business coaching and “Doing Business in The UAE” presentation with Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) and Nova Scotia Department of Environment and Labour, November 2007.
- Coaching; provided access to financial and technical resources to engage training, consulting and mentoring expertise to assist SMEs, universities, research institutions and other strategic partners in their commercialization efforts.
- Strategic Planner; developed strategy projects for CBU including campus Emergency Plan and Code of Conduct.
Volunteer and Community Work
- Senator, The Senate of Dalhousie University 2009-Present
- Councilor, Sydney and Area Chamber of Commerce, 2009 – Present
- Board Member, Cape Breton County Economic Development Authority, 2006 – Present
- Director, Canadian Institute of Management, Atlantic Canada Board, 2008 – Present
- Board Member, Cape Breton University Alumni Association, 2007 – Present
- Former Director, Secretary, Executive Board of Junior Chamber International, Halifax Chapter, 2007 – 2008
- Former Director of International Relations, Junior Chamber International, Sydney Chapter, 2006 – 2007
- Founder and Former President, Cape Breton University MBA Society, 2005-2006
- Former Chair, President, and Director, CBU Residence Council & Students’ Union, 2004-2005